Update 31/07/2017 Answering to the decision in 2016 of Shanghai Nanjing Jiangsu region to offer a 144 hours no visa policy, Tianjin Beijing and Hebei region will offer a visa free 144 hours policy to the nationals from 53 countries end of 2017. Announced by a vice-mayor of Beijing: Cheng Hong, the new policy aims to attract more tourists and investors in the Hebei region. The announcement still didnt say if the requirement will be the same as the actual 72 hours policy.

b 1 q 0 p 00T7UKN7N


Tianjin actual 72 hours no visa policy

1. How does it work?

The transit free visa policy grant you a stay of 72 hours, the condition to get it, is that you exit China to a different country than the country from which you did enter. (i.e. London Beijing London trip is not valid)

Counting start at 00:00 after your passport get stamped, if you arrive in Tianjin at 10:00AM on 8th of August, then your 72 HOURS stay will start from 0:00 on 9th of August and you will have to cross border again before the 11th of Sep at 23:59

You must stay in Tianjin for the duration of your visit. Traveling around is not allowed.

Passengers are required to register with the local police station within 24 hours of arriving if they wish to stay longer than 24 hours. If you are staying with friends or family they must accompany you to the police station and check-in in person. If you are staying in a China hotel or hostel they will register for you.

2. Requirements and documents

1) To be citizen from one of the 53 countries under the 72-hour Transit Visa Exemption Program

Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Japan, Korea, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (FYROM), Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States.      

2) A valid passport

3) To be in transit: A confirmed seat on a flight out of China to another country than the country you are flying in from.

Important notice

1.Transit passengers can only enter and exit from some designated airports. Actually, the rule in Beijing Tianjin Hebei is: you have to exit from the same airport you enter. Travelling between cities is not allowed. In fact, they may refuse to sell you train ticket at the train station if they take a deeper look at your passport.

2.You wont get fined if your flight gets delayed for reason not depending on your willing

3.If you have emergency situation and needs to stay longer than 72 hours, please apply for a visa at the public security bureau. If not, you may get fined up to 500 per day.

b 1 q 0 p 04Y60DD2G


Login if you want to comment

Advertisement will auto-close in 3s
pour test